In His Service

I pray my words will always reflect my love for & service to God.

12 May 2011

Join our blog hop!
My Slice of Sanity, The Gandy’s Home Base, Angela’s Pursuit of Life, ThoughtsandCreations from Here There and Everywhere, and Harvest of Pearls have joined together to bring you “Iron Women of the Word" blog hop. Once a week we will share about our time in the Word and invite you to share your time in the Word as well. If you have words of encouragement, a devotion or other Christian related post to link up that would be awesome! If you are a "Iron Woman of the Word" and would like to find other Christian Bloggers --link up! Please grab the button to spread the word about our fellowship! We am looking forward to our fellowship! Something to Ponder

I attended a seminar recently; I learned some things from it and I'm glad I had the opportunity to go. However, the leaders are from the 'God wants you to be rich' camp and I don't think 'rich' means in material things. Sooo, some things I took at face value, other things I took notes to dig deeper. That's what I've been doing this week, digging deeper into the Scripture they provided.

NOTE: I read the NASB but I oftentimes look up what I'm reading in various translations, knowing the KJV, NKJV & NASB are supposed to be the most accurate translations.
I was looking at Jerimiah 29:11 and I could really see how different some translations of Scripture are.
Jer29:11 NASB 'for I know the plans I have for you,' delcares the LORD. 'Plans for welfare and not calamity to give you a future and a hope.
Jer 29:11 NKJV 'for I know the thioughts that I think towrds you,' says the LORD, 'thoughts of peace & not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.' KJ version is the same.
Jer 29:11 NIV 'for I know the plans I have for you' declares the LORD 'plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'
I went on to look up in the dictionary the definitions for welfare, peace, and prosper
Definition of WELFARE 1: the state of doing well especially in respect to good fortune, happiness, well-being, or prosperity welfare>
Definition of PEACE
1: a state of tranquillity or quiet: as a : freedom from civil disturbance b : a state of security or order within a community provided for by law or custom peace>
2: freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions
3: harmony in personal relations
Definition of PROSPER: intransitive verb: 1: to succeed in an enterprise or activity; especially : to achieve economic success
2: to become strong and flourishing

I'll take my welfare, peace and prosperity in the form of my 'spiritual' being rather than material goods any day of the week, how about you?

In His ServiceSandy

I cannot take credit for this pic, it was taken by my brother in law, in Bridgewater, PA just a week or so ago, my sister gave me permission to 'steal' it from her fb page.....God sure does give us beauty to enjoy doesn't he?





No comments:

Post a Comment